The 2016 Network Events have been a great success. Despite the disappointing decision taken to cancel the events in the South West and North East due to very low numbers, the other 3 events were really positive. Many thanks to Queen Alexandra College (Birmingham), The New Bridge Group (Hollinwood Academy, Oldham) and Share Community (London) for providing excellent facilities for us to meet.
We are always keen to improve on the ways in which we engage with Centres across the Network. If you have any ideas for ways in which we can improve our events for next year please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following resources are an accumulation of the information shared at the events.
External companies presented and/or exhibited at the events
- Databridge MiS: www.databridgemis.net
- Care Innovation – Get Active and Lincus: www.careinnovation.co.uk
- Khoros: www.khoros.co.uk
- Your Alcove: www.youralcove.com
- Karten Network Update
- Developing your network
- Mobile technology update
- Karten Network website launch
- Get Active: Fitness programme for people with special needs
During the Karten events the following resources were shared during delegate discussion.
- An accessible web interface for YouTube: https://accessyoutube.org.uk
- Pi Timer app
- Can Plan app
- iNap app
- Sleepy Traveller app
- Move It app
Please see the Mobile Technology Resource for details of the app.