- Many things and people are not what they seem to be on the internet.
- Be a bit suspicious – especially of someone you don’t know in ‘real life’.
- They may be friendly, they may appear great, but they also may not be who they say they are.
- Be suspicious of strange emails or messages asking you for information you’d rather not give away.
- If you see a site with amazing offers which look too good to be true, that’s because they are too good to be true!
Have a look at the video below. It is from Homefield College and is about On-Line Chat Safety. Would you give you mobile number to strangers in the street? No! Well there is no reason why you should do the same on-line.