There is no set format for an application to the Karten Trust for funding for a Karten Centre. However, certain elements must be included. These are:
- information about your charity/organisation (plus a copy of your latest accounts),
- your ILT strategy, or development plan – whatever documents organisational commitment to technological changes
- an exploration of what being part of the Karten Network means to your organisation and what difference it makes
- how your organisation currently makes a contribution to the Karten Network in its objective of sharing information and good practice on the use of technology for the benefit of people with disabilities
- information on how your Karten Centre currently operates,
- explanation of the need for the additional equipment and what difference it will make to what you can offer,
- the types of disabilities of the clients
- the type of training courses you will be offering
- the age range of your clients (please note that Karten Centres are limited to adults (post 16) only)
- the number of clients you envisage using the Centre each year
- how long you envisage a client spending in the Centre
- the outcomes for the clients in the Centre
- how you have ensured the equipment requested is right for your clients
- how you will ensure that the equipment is used – is your project sustainable?
- list of the equipment your centre would require (plus breakdown into hardware, software – assistive devices, furniture etc if possible), with costs and VAT where appropriate in separate spreadsheet (attached)
- a floor plan of the centre, with layout of the equipment
- the address and telephone number of the centre, and the name and email address of the person who will be responsible for the centre
- the name, address, email address and telephone number of the person who will have managerial responsibility for the agreement
The Trustees meet twice a year, March and September. You are welcome to submit a draft at any time for comment, but the final, complete application must be submitted at least 6 weeks before the meeting, and time allowed for a visit by Dawn. This is best scheduled early in the application process. Precise deadlines will be issued for each meeting.
You may apply for a maximum of £25k for capital costs only, and you may not reapply for 3 years for the same centre.
If you are successful in your application, you will be sent an agreement for your Trustees to sign.
Please note that you will be required to write an evaluation of the impact the centre has had on the service users, and write case studies of their successes in finding employment or living more independently.
We will also be asking you to update your information on the Karten website, and supply an article for the website/newsletter.We look forward to hearing from you. If you need any assistance with your application, please contact Dawn on 07821 723491 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Network Development Co-ordinator